Early Medieval Indian History – Rajput Dynasty, Rashtrakutas, Palas of Bengal
Tags :Rajput DynastyRashtrakutasThe Gurjara-partaihars of Northern India (783-1036)The palas of Bengal (760-1142)
Early Medieval History
- Dantidurg established the Rashtrakutas dynasty.
- Ellore inscription mentioned the victory of Dantidurga over Chalukyas.
- The Ellora temple dedicated to Shiva was built by Krishna l.
- Govinda lll defeated the coalition of the Kings of Chola, Gang, Pandya and Keral.
The Gurjara-partaihars of Northern India (783-1036)
The palas of Bengal (760-1142) :
- Khalimpur inscription States that Gopal was the founder of Pala dynasty.
- Dharmapal was called the Swami of North. He conquered Nepal and adopted the title Parmeshwar, Param Bhattarrak and Maharajadhiraj.
- He founded the Vikramanka University and built Sompur Vihar. He also established Odantpur Buddhist Vihar.
- Govinda pal was the last ruler of the Pala dynasty.